Hotel Review: The Dominican, Brussels








As the name and chanting heard throughout the hotel would indicate, the Dominican was once the site of a 15th century abbey. Located just behind the opera house La Monnaie and a short walk from the Grand Palace, this luxury hotel adds contemporary design to its layers of history - and a little cheek with its painting of a monk peeing in the lobby mens restroom. 
A chic lounge makes mingling easy and a fitness center and small sauna make sure you're in fit form, but the simple escape of the room provides the perfect atmosphere for relaxing with a hot bath and clearing the mind. This, along with reliable WiFi - not always a given, sadly - gave me everything I needed to do work during some free time.
After sleeping through my first wake-up call and my alarm, nearly missing my ride to the airport, I discovered that comfort can have its downside. After the fastest shower ever taken and grabbing my already packed bags, I was swiftly out the door, missing out on breakfast and the leaving what had to be one of the best night's sleep behind.

Rue Leopold / Leopoldstraat 9
1000 Brussels 






Comments

Popular Posts